Specialty: General Assignment
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Status: Full-time
Award-winning, family-owned community newspaper (bi-weekly in print and daily online) in Southeast North Carolina is seeking a versatile reporter, who excels in writing, research, source-building, people skills, photography, videography, and who can master The Daily Record’s website, email blasts and social media channels.
• Be an active member of the news team with a digital focus on community journalism.
• Write fact-based, opinion-free, compelling stories that put our readers first in the information we provide.
• Produce and edit photos and videos that are visually pleasing.
• Proactively identify opportunities for unique and impactful stories and visuals.
• Assist with podcasts and drone photography, as needed.
• Be willing to cover breaking news as it happens and to follow-up with updates and more information as it comes in.
• Post stories, photos, videos and other digital assets online.
• Manage The Daily Record’s social media accounts with regularly scheduled posts on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Compile and send out daily email newsletters and breaking newsletters, as needed.
• Monitor social media activity and content for accuracy and publication standards, responding back to inquiries when needed.
Any and all duties as needed and assigned.
Available benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, flex-spending, disability coverage and life insurance.